Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Houston Rodeo - Jonas Brothers

Okay, just for the record, I DO remember being a teenager. And I also remember being a screaming-at-the-top-of-my-lungs mess at concerts like The Monkees, Prince, Madonna and so on. BUT, what I witnessed at the Jonas Brothers concert was CRAZY! Teen and tween girls sobbed, clawed at their chests, screamed at the top of their lungs.....and this...LITERALLY....all happened when the lights just went dark...before the rodeo started...we had at least 2 hours before the concert.....geez people!

First of all, I don't know their songs. Basically all I know about them is there are three of them, they all kind of look alike, and in a creepy way have high pitched voices and are pretty much free of facial and body hair. The fact that they range in age from 16 to 18....that concerns me.

I grew up with 3 brothers and I know that their voices changed between the ages of 12 and 14. So listening to the Jonas Brothers speak in these almost heliumtastic voices was weird! They also sang in very high pitched tones...again..unsettling.

And, saying things like, "This song is for all the girls out there" Really? Just for the girls? Really? And, "So boys, slow dance with your girls to this one." Ummm...the only 'boys' in the audience were bored father's with earplugs in...like my husband. Except for the gentleman in his late 20's who creepily danced and sang every word to every song. That was just uncomfortable to bear.

So, why did I go? Because I love my daughters and wanted them to have a great time. That's what parents do.




No comments: