Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

A simple Tofu Dish

I eat this dish maybe once a week. I was always very afraid of tofu...I didn't know WHAT to do with it. Years ago I would do it 'kid friendly' and make chocolate pies and smoothies with it, but never really 'cooked' with it.

I'm getting better!

Here is a VERY simple dish I make for myself. My kids are with their father and the Mr. was at a meeting! So TOFU FOR ONE IT IS!!

I start with a block of extra firm tofu.

Drain and cube

Add to a bowl and let it sit with some soy sauce for a while.

Toss in a little bit of flour and some seasonings...your choice.

Heat up some grapeseed oil and olive oil in a skillet.

Now here's the tricky part - for me anyways. Put your tofu in the skillet AND DON'T TOUCH IT! You want it to brown real, real good! You will know it's ready to turn when you put your spatula underneath and the tofu is cooked together!

Then flip!

Then I get a whole yellow onion...slice and toss in the skillet with the tofu. Lastly add fresh spinach. At this point I turn off the skillet and lid it and steam the spinach! And VOILA!

I have enough left over for tonight!




























3 comments:

Jenny said...

Yum, Dawn! Tofu intimidates me, but I think I could handle this recipe.

sheri said...

I've never cooked with Tofu, but when I get home i''m going to try this one!

Mommie Dawn said...

Thanks yall! It's VERY intimidating to me at times...but I try and find different ways to make it. This weekend, I will post my Chocolate Tofu Pie recipe..TO DIE FOR!!