Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Grilled Romaine.....OH YEAH!

A few years ago, I was at a girlfriends house for supper. The kids were swimming, dogs barking, us sweating over the grill. I saw the normal things on the grill...veggies, chicken...buns. Then she tells me to go get the romaine lettuce. I just figured we were plating outside....right?

No way! She put them on the grill! And the best salad I ever ate was born!

Simply take your romaine, cut in half and lightly brush with olive oil and dash with salt and pepper. (Be sure not to use too much olive oil...as it will excite the fire and flames will lick your romaine...not good) Place face down on the grill and let them brown!

Last night I also grilled some mushrooms and topped the salad with Honey Dijon dressing. Even my kids LOVED this salad. The smokiness of the grill was in our salad!








And here's Mr. Moody's plate

No comments: