Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Pizza on the Pit

Ever since July3rd...I've been obssessed with cooking things on our BBQ pit. So I decided to revisit an old favorite - PIZZA!

Now, if you know me, I am a HUGE advocate for 'Nothing Pre-Packaged - Nothing in a Box'. I feel I say that so often, and I really do mean it. But it was over 100 degrees yall....and I didn't EVEN feel like making my from scratch pizza dough. Ugh....so I bought Jiffy Pizza Dough Mix in a box...for only....DUN DUN DUN... .52 cents.

Basically you only need to add 1/2 of warm water, mix, let rise for 5 minutes, knead and roll out. The ONLY thing I did different was added some Italian seasonings and lemon pepper.

I made my cilantro pesto for a base instead of a tomato sauce : Cilantro, lemon juice, white wine, balsamic vinegar, pine nuts, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, basil, garlic....

The toppings were avocado, mushrooms, mozzarella, tomatoes, red onion, black olives, basil, garlic, spinach....

My daughters each made a pizza with the toppings of their choice, I put them on the grill and inhaled the yumminess floating in the back yard!

Ingredients for Pesto


Pizza Toppings


Mmmmmm...Pesto!


Jac's Pizza


Jac Making Her Pizza


Jessa Making her pizza


One of the pizzas almost done on the pit....



**Notice - and I apologize - I have only ONE picture of a completely cooked pizza.... There was LITERALLY a feeding frenzy when I brought them in the house! **

No comments: