Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Pasta for breakfast? Yup!

So, Saturday is usually our 'free eat' day. Meaning, I come out of my vegetarian-ism for a day and the Mr. eat's what he wants.

I love pasta. Easy enough, I LOVE PASTA. I love linguine, I love macaroni, I LOVE PASTA! But I don't eat it allot. Let's face it, I'd look like the side of a mountain if I ate it as much as I love it.

I also love savory, I'm a savory type of gal. So yes, free day - butter, pasta, eggs, cheese. Sound fattening and free-day enough? I thought so.

Easy peasy....
Pasta (you can use linguine (as I did), angel hair, regular pasta...your choice
Butter, Eggs, cheese (again your choice)
And seasonings - basic, garlic, salt pepper....
AGAIN - Your Choice.

Boil your pasta, in a seperate pan melt butter and cook your seasonings, add your pasta, add your cheeses....DONE!

This dish has been around for a LONG time. You can eat it for breakfast or lunch or dinner. It's easy and filling and you can vary it almost endlessly. Add meats if want...prosciutto, bacon, ham....again...endless.






No comments: