Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

I am thankful for..............

I am thankful for Jacqueline, she has shown me and taught me the meaning of unconditional love.
I am thankful for Jessica, she has taught me patience and forced me to see the world in a simpler form.
I am thankful for having had the ability to bring those two babies into this world.
I am thankful for the fact that Jessica is my ‘velcro baby’
I am thankful for the fact that Jacqueline still lets me in her life, even though she’s a teenage girl!
I am thankful that I have a job.
I am thankful that I have a home.
I am thankful that I have the love of a great man.
I am thankful that I have James in my life.
I am thankful for the dirty dishes in the sink, because it means I have fed my family once again.
I am thankful for the laundry that is left in the dryer, it means my children have more clothes than just the ones on their back.
I am thankful for my wonderful friends; they keep me grounded, laughing and aware.
I am thankful that my heart has never been truly broken.
I am thankful for the moaning and groaning I do daily, at least I care enough.
I am thankful for my ex-husband; the turn of events thrust upon me by him forced me to grow up and become independent in a way I truly don’t think I’d ever learn otherwise.
I am thankful for the Catholic church; for casting me out and opening my eyes to the fact that they would rather have had me annul my marriage and turn my children into bastards than recognize a divorce. That decision to leave the church was one of my best.
I am thankful to have a choice…whether it’s a choice to vote, to abort, to lie, to forgive or hold a grudge, to believe or not, to choose….
I am thankful for Austin, man do I miss it!
I am thankful for my cousin, she knows who she is and has never faltered.
I am thankful for coffee, I’d be a zombie without it.
I am thankful for sushi, it’s heaven on earth.
I am thankful for the voices of my children, their laughs are contagious.
I am thankful for love, which I never really understood until I had my babies.
I am thankful for the trees that shade me, and the grass that cushions beneath my feet.
I am thankful for acorns in my driveway, even though they KILL when I step on them barefoot….I can still make a wicked whistle out of the tops!
I am thankful for my freckles, wished I liked them when I was a kid like Jessica!
I am thankful for my Gaga and Popo, Gaga made it ok for me to be pretty and funny (even thought I didn’t feel pretty allot) and Popo made it ok to call me Piggie…it sounded better coming from him than my brothers.
I am thankful plastic surgery; just knowing I don’t have to look 80 at 40 makes me smile.
I am thankful for Facebook; I’ve found so many of those I thought I had lost forever.
I am thankful for my dad, he knows why.
I am thankful to just be able to give a damn.

No comments: