Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

Just Imagine

I have always loved John Lennon....and yes even Yoko Ono... I loved them together. The way they took care of each other. The way they looked at each other. Peace. Tranquility. Love. Acceptance.

Imagine is one of my favorite John Lennon songs. It brings me to tears each time I hear it. I look up the lyrics quite often as well. They are very powerful. One must inhale each word, and simply Imagine. There will never be a world Lennon speaks of. Not in my lifetime or even my children's lifetimes. A world with no heaven, no hell, no countries, no death, no religion...a world living as one. I can't happen. We won't allow it. The gay haters, the bible thumpers, the enforcers, the rapists, the terrorists, the stubborn, the old fashioned... In a world where we have the images of death, murder, rape shoved down our throats on a daily basis...we have a hard time finding the peace. Violence is a given in this world.

I've been called a tree hugger. Well, I've been known to hug my fair share of trees. I'm a gay advocate, and I've been told that I will be prayed for. In this world of shun, judgment and right fighters - peace will have to be nothing but imagined. I live my life simply. I try to be a good person, I try to be a good parent and supportive wife. Those are my rules, those are my guidelines....that I have put upon myself.

The song's refrain may have been partly inspired by Yoko Ono's poetry in reaction to her childhood in Japan during World War II.

John Lennon: It's not a new message: "Give Peace a Chance" — we're not being unreasonable. Just saying "give it a chance." With "Imagine" we're asking, "can you imagine a world without countries or religions?" It's the same message over and over. And it's positive.

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one



1 comment:

Sheri said...

EXCELLENT POST!!! Gave me chills...