Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Veggie Burgers

I love Boca burgers...veggie burgers....meatless burgers...whatever you want to call them. I've always wanted to make some! But the fear of the process has scared me for years. But I buckled down and did it!

It was very easy! The hardest part is the waiting. (Which I wasn't good at since I had a hungry family pacing the outskirts of the kitchen!) Waiting for it to set up.

There are tons of ways and tons of different ingredients to make these meatless patties....I chose to use rolled oats. And next time I will do rice.

As with most of my recipes....measurements are only a dream! I 'eyeball' everything....as usual.




Rolled Oats
Onion
Mushrooms
Bell Peppers
Kidney Beans
Eggs
Parmesan Cheese
Worcestershire Sauce
Flour
Seasonings




Put it all in a food processor and blend. Now, if you have not seen these patties in the raw....don't be shocked. It's not the most attractive thing. But for those of us who have seen them in the 'raw', we know the end process is awesome! Set it in the fridge for 30 minutes or more. This give the rolled oats time to set up and expand. I used 1 can of beans, 3/4 to 1 cup of flour and rolled oats. I was looking for consistency....and longer it stands...the better chance you have to make patties.


I scooped the mixture on a greased cookie sheet. Baked for roughly 30 minutes at 400 degrees.


Then in olive oil....I pan fried them to crisp up the outside.





And there ya go! I sauteed mushrooms and bell peppers to serve on top and made a dijon ranch sauce to serve on the bun.

No comments: