Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

You say it's your birthday!!

Yup...mine will be tomorrow. The Big 3 - 9. Damn...I hate that. I hate growing older. One more year down....ugh. But, if you're not growing older, you're dead....so....yeah.

What do I want for my birthday? That question was posed to me by the mister. My answer? "Enough to go around". Does that count? I want what money can't buy. I want happy healthy kids that I don't have to worry about. I want a home that is happy, tidy and filled with food and love. For the most part...I have all of that. So lay off!

And why is everyone SO insistent that I celebrate my birthday? It's Christmas time...AND both my daughters have birthdays..and I have two stepdaughters to take into account. I'm stressed about all that, who cares about my birthday.

Now, I'm not one of those girls who needs to be pampered on their birthday. I don't need a 'date' night or a fancy dinner or roses or something sent to my work. In face I get pissed off if anyone makes too much of a deal about my birthday.

It's another day. I get older. Then I wake up and start all over again. Besides all of that...I'll be 40 next year....UGH!

Why do I not like to celebrate my birthday? Maybe it's because I was given up and not wanted by the woman who gave me life. Maybe it's because I hate getting older. Maybe it's because I don't feel I deserve any celebration. Who knows....who cares.

And, for the record, I don't say its' my birthday. It's the Annual Emergence From Some Lady's Vah J.J.

No comments: