Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Moody Egg Muffins




This is a Thursday, I work and the kids go to school...but that's NO excuse not to make a warm baked breakfast to enjoy! This is SO easy and SOOOO good! And oddly enough I didn't have to wake up the girls...they came out of their rooms one by one...including my husband (who works nights and I never see in the morning!). The smell was to die for!



Yes...the time is correct, I am up at 5am...and started breakfast at 5 36am.



Easy to make! I literally got this together and in the oven before the pot of coffee was made! And, like with most of what I cook, there are tons of variations!

The Basics :
Bread
Eggs
Olive Oil
Cheese

I used mozzarella cheese and cilantro.


#1. Cut your bread, making the bottom bigger, and pinch out bread to make a hole for the egg.
(The bread that I pulled out I tossed out back for the birds to eat. But you can also toast them and make them into breadcrumbs.)


#2. Then fill with egg and cheese....whatever you want. You can even add a touch of cream spooned in with your egg.

#3. Drizzle olive oil on the bread tops and top with cheese and cilantro (or whatever your choices are).
Finally drizzle olive oil over the egged bread.








#4. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes...just to cook the eggs. My girls don't like runny eggs, so I let it cook longer to cook the yolk.


There it is! It was warm, comfy and satisfying!






No comments: