Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Fondue





I love fondue. I also love the throw back to the 1970's it gives. I remember being a kid and mother would make fondues, and those orange fondue pots.

It's not really that hard, only time consuming. And the end result was a fun time, watching movies with my husband and kids having nommie fondue and home made bread.

Yes...I said home made bread. That's easy TOO! See the blog entry below for the recipe.

Now, I could NOT find my fondue pot for the life of me...but I went ahead and made fondue anyway....but this just gives me a reason to make it again as soon as I find my pot!

Cheddar Cheese Fondue

2 cups milk (Or 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of beer.....or 2 cups of beer).. I used 1 cup of beer and 1 cup of milk...

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

2 teaspoons ground dry mustard

1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed

3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

6 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

In a medium saucepan over low heat, mix together milk, Worcestershire sauce, ground dry mustard, garlic and flour. Heat until almost boiling. Gradually stir in Cheddar cheese. Continue heating until all the cheese has melted. Keep the mixture warm and melted in a fondue dish. Dip with cubed bread.








Buddy really wanted some fondue. So Jac let him have a taste...and he was her audience all night!





No comments: