Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mater Snack

Being a vegetarian, it's so easy to make snacks that can really satisfy.  I also have a wonky gall bladder - so being vegetarian is the best way for me personally to deal with it.  (But, how my body digests food is also wonky...so I say "I'm the fattest vegetarian you'll ever meet!) Cut back on the fried foods, no meat, low fat eating plan - perfect.

But every once in a while, even vegetarians like to spoil themselves.  This is one of my favorite guilty pleasures.  Guilty, I say, because of all the cheese on the plate! I love olives - boy do I love 'em!  And some mozzarella cheese...and tomatoes.....MMMMM!  However, in my cheese quest yesterday at HEB, I didn't find the Italian mozzarella I usually do...but there was Mexican style mozzarella!  I had to try it....and it wasn't a mistake either!

Tomatoes, kosher salt,  freshly ground pepper, olive oil, cheese and olives.  Perfect snack.



No comments: