Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Mix Tape

Yes, times have changed, the mix tape seems like something an archeologist would dig up under a million layers of earth. But my husband is somewhat of a Renaissance man and a great lover of music.

We met on April Fool's Day on a blind date four years ago and fell instantly in love, something neither of us were looking for exactly. The first week we knew each other he made me a 'mix' cd, proposed and I moved in....in that order. We got married two weeks to the day after we met. And the rest, as they say, is history. And I wouldn't have done anything differently.

Our four year anniversary is coming up and on the way into work, I listened to the cd he made me...and love it still. He's my lobster.

I listed the tracks below for your listening pleasure.

Elefant - Now That I Miss Her



Kaiser Chiefs - Modern Way




Iron and Wine - Such Great Heights

*This is one of my favs on the cd...and this IS my fav version of the song*


Pale - Where is Heaven
This was my very first introduction to Pale and they've become great friends of mine via my husband. I just love those boys, and their music! Click the link below to listen to some of their songs, "Where Is Heaven" included. Calvin, Robb, Steven and Travis = Pale.

http://virb.com/palerocks

Here are some of their videos. Pale Rocks!











The Raveonettes - Beat City



Southern Backtones - They'll Never Come Between Our Love
*This is another band that I instantly fell in love with, and of which my husband is friends with. Hank is an awesome guy, insanely talented and hilariously funny...and it doesn't hurt that he's mucho handsome!

Here's the Link to the song
http://new.music.yahoo.com/southern-backtones/tracks/theyll-never-come-between-our-love-radio-edit--183173807

And here are some videos of theirs..








Tidal Wave by Longwave




The Stills - Still In Love




The Psychedelic Furs - Love my Way




THE KILLERS-MIDNIGHT SHOW




The Shins - We Will Become Silhouettes




The Cure - Lovesong



Elefant - Love

http://s0.ilike.com/play#Elefant:Love:159631:s59368.5944.20186.1.1.75%2Cstd_9e6fb458406973ec2c694d50baa267c9



The Killers - Somebody told me




Lucinda Williams - Essence
*This is where my love affair with Lucinda started....*




Portishead - Nobody Loves Me



The last song on the cd is Tody Castillo's 'This Is Love' and it's a beautiful song, I just can't find it anywhere to put on my blog. www.todycastillo.com is his website.


No comments: