Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Monkey

When my youngest daughter was little, she always slept with me. It’s been her life to have Mommie all to herself since she was 4 months old. After she was learning to walk, I nick named her "Monkey" because she was very bow-legged and had allot of crazy black hair! To me she looked like a little jungle chimp!

She’s always been my bed buddy, snuggling and sweet. And waking her up in the mornings as she got older was a rub on the back followed by throwing out her arms blindly awaiting a cuddle from Mommie.

She slept in my bed until almost 4 years ago when my husband and I married. Since then she’s had her own room and her own bed. She asks almost on a weekly basis to sleep in my bed. It’s impossible to share a bed with a grown man and a 13 year old, so I sadly have to decline.

It does truly break my heart. I feel so loved and special that my 13 year old, who in public I can’t touch let alone love on, wants to still snuggle with her Mommie.

I’m up at 5am during the week. And I’m out of the house by 6 30am. So I have to wake my 13 year old up before I leave. Depending on the kind of morning I’m having, it’s a call from her bedroom door to a back rub wake up.

This morning, it was a sweet back rub wake up. Followed by her blindly throwing her arms out for a cuddle. Ahhh…that was the best.






No comments: