Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Links in Memory of Connie

From Connie's sister Cristin via http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/conniekickscancer/journal




Friday, March 5, 2010 7:02 PM, CST
Today I feel lost. Life seems empty. I'm guilt stricken over the last 7 years I've lived....7 years more than Connie got to see. I feel that I should have done more, been more, not wasted that time.

Little Connor...who she fought so hard to bring into this world will have no real memories of his mom. That was her goal you know...to live long enough for all of her children to remember her. I thank God that at least Emily and Garrett will have their memories. I love my mother so much. I can't imagine growing up without her or dealing with this overwhelming grief at such a young age.

Emily started her new school Thursday. She said it went well. A new batch of kittens is helping her to settle into her new home but all of them are adjusting to this change. Please keep Carolyn, her son Collin and her boyfriend Ray in your prayers also as they work hard to get Emily through this. They have welcomed her with open arms into their lives and love will go a long way towards a new normal.

I'd like to say we are all okay but the truth is none of us are functioning very well right now. She was so much a presence in our lives and it just doesn't feel like our family without her. I never knew grief could be physical pain.

I just can't believe she is gone.

Cristin

Link to a memorial site for Connie set up by one of Carolyn's friends. Thank you Darlene: http://connie.andrews.muchloved.com/

Link to the photo slideshow that was shown at her wake. This was put together by RoseAnn Rapp who took the wonderful black and white photos of Connie and her kids you see on this site and by her daughter Tanya. Thank you both so much:
http://www.facebook.com/notifications.php#!/video/video.php?v=1236342751093

The painting in this photo was done by a friend of the family and was shown also at her wake.

No comments: