Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Smothered 'Meat' and Onions

As most of you know, I'm a vegetarian married to a meat-a-vore.  The mister is great because he puts up with mostly vegetarian meals. I will make meat for him, not often because frankly I can't stand the sight or smell of raw and cooking meat. But bless his heart he puts up with me.

So yesterday I was thinking to make something that I can eat, that would satisfy him?...which is the question I ask myself most nights before dinner.  So I came up with an idea to make smothered veggie patties and I proceeded to pull out the Morning Star patties from the fridge.


I sauteed some onions in a littel EVOO for a bit. Man I love that smell!  If I had mushrooms, they would have been all over that dish...but alas there were none to be had that day....



I put the onions on top of the patties and made some brown gravy with a 'beef' flavored boullion and some soy sauce and then poured that over the patties and baked it at 425 for about 25 minutes....and basting every once in a while.



I boiled some golden potatoes and slightly mashed them...we love our mashed tators with some texture.  Then voila!




My girls devoured their plates and my mister said, "This tastes like meatloaf!"  Scoreboard VEGGIE MOM!!

1 comment:

mrs_muffins said...

Ooh, I must try this!!!