Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What's In The Pantry Dinner Night

Hmmm, what do I have in the house to make dinner?  My 13 year old said, "Mommie, we always have to go to the grocery store!"  It's true - we buy so much fresh produce that I only allow 2 days or 3 days in between grocery trips...no need buying so much to let it go to waste.  Well, yesterday, I did not feel like making a trip. So it was to the pantry and freezer to see what I could throw together!

Let's see.....I had tubed pasta, Morning Star crumbles, tomato sauce and corn...hmm....Vegetarian Chili anyone?  That's what we made ...and by we I mean myself and my two teenage daughters - my 13 year old took all the pics for today's post!

I gathered some celery and about 4 small white onions - gave them a whir in the food processor and cooked a little bit in some EVOO. In a pot I stir together corn, stewed tomato, tomato sauce, crushed garlic, salt pepper, canned beans (I had kidneys in the pantry), chili powder, corn, Worcestershire sauce, beer and some lime juice.


As you can see the reason for What's In The Pantry Dinner Night!





Then I browned the Morning Star crumbles in a bit of salt and pepper and EVOO.


And keeping an eye on the 'chili'



Then add the crumble to the 'chili' and let it all cook on low for about 20 minutes or so.




Serve over noodles or rice.  We did noddles for dinner, and I made rice before bed for my  mister for lunch!


No comments: