Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Avocado Pesto Pasta

I know, I know...it sounds weird, right? Avocado Pesto?  To use my daughter's words, "Ewww...guacamole and pasta?!?!"

I had my reservations....but I wanted to try it so bad!  I found a recipe and tweaked it to make it my own. So, you all know the drill - There Is No Specific Measurements In My Recipe!


Ingredients

One bunch of cilantro
About 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
(*It originally called for pine nuts but I chose to use sunflower seeds for 2 reasons - 1, It's WAY cheaper and 2, the leftover seeds go directly to my husband for his salty snack fix*)
2 Avocados
Salt & Pepper
White Wine
Olive Oil
Lemon Juice

As I said - no exact measurements. I threw everything in the food processor and blended. I'd say I used maybe a 1/8 c. of white wine and drizzled in the Olive Oil for the right consistency I wanted. And the lemon juice...again it's up to you in taste.








Now WHIRRRRR it all together until it's smooth. Then immediately turn it into your cooked pasta and stir to coat every single piece of pasta and SERVE!





Now came the taste test. My youngest daughter (who made the guacamole comment) had seconds! You do not get an overwhelming taste of avocado, it's just creamy pesto goodness! I loved it! We all did. And I have the leftovers at work today for me and my little one!



Avocado Pesto...who-duh-thunk?!

No comments: