Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Pit Pizza

This is something that we do on the pit every Summer - regardless of the heat!  You just cannot beat a great pizza on the BBQ Pit!  It's crispy, fresh and has a smoky flavor that is to DIE for!

I hear allot that home made pizza isn't made allot - because it's hard. No it's NOT! It's frankly very easy and just takes a little time. The upside, my kids and the mister help, we do it together, it's FRESH, we can customize our pizza and it's just awesome knowing we did it for less money than ordering the same size pizzas!

Here's the EASY PEASY pizza dough recipe :
4 Cups flour
1 1/2 cup Soy Milk
3/4 cup Olive Oil
5 tbsp Baking Power
Thyme
Salt
Italian Seasoning

*Mix all dry ingredients together.
*Slowly add soy milk and olive oil until desired consistency.
*Knead for about 5 minutes and let rest for 10 minutes.

After it rests, I lay some foil on a platter and spread out the dough. I don't normally roll it. I put a little EVOO on my fingertips so the dough doesn't stick to my fingers and push it out.



Then add your toppings!  I used a roasted tomato alfredo sauce....Anything goes here.  I used onions, tons of spinach, mushrooms, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses and a little EVOO and sea salt on top.



Then on the pit.  I slide the foil off the pan and let it sit directly on the pit rack over the coals.  It usually takes roughly 10 to 12 minutes to cook.

Then slide it back on the pan and serve!

*I let mine sit about8 minutes or so to let the cheeses not completely run over when cutting it!

No comments: