Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Vegetable Soup! Is it Winter yet?!?!

Fall and Winter cannot get here fast enough! The heat and humidity give me the blues. I may be the only person I know that this happens to.  Every winter, we hear the news reports how in places up North, people get into deep depressions due to the constant freezing temps and snow.  I envy them, I really do.

I love snow. I love Winter. I love having the fireplace going, wearing warm jammies, sipping on cocoa while it's freezing out.  Fall/Winter (which we really don't have here) is my favorite time of the year.  My husband giggles at me every year at the way I get excited at the idea of a teenie Texas snow flurry. I completely geek out, grab my camera and stand out in the 'snow' we have gotten here for the past two years, literally until my hair to my feet are soaked and frozen.

Yesterday I got the fever, the fever for wishing Winter here FAST! Is it working? Well, it wasn't steamy hot this morning. In fact it was rather nice. It was a nice 76 degrees outside, I even drove to work with the window down and the A/C off!  Little things like this please me. I'm easy. shut up


We made vegetable soup for supper last night. Home made. Fresh EVERYTHING.  It was Wednesday, which according to her chore chart, was my 16 year old's day to cook dinner.  But I butted my opinion in on what should be made - SOUP!  There wasn't an argument, we all LOVE soup.


I didn't think to even grab my 'good' camera - we make soup quite a bit in our house, But I did snap a few on my BlackBerry. So here we go.


We had leeks, celery, mushrooms, garlic, broccoli, rice, carrots....yes it smelled wonderful.  Clean and slice celery and leeks and garlic - add to pot with some EVOO and cook/sweat it all down.  Add water and vegetable bouillon, rice, seasonings, carrots and boil. Add broccoli and mushrooms to cook through and EAT EAT EAT!




My girls chopping away...




Sweating the veggies...


SOUP ready to be devoured...

No comments: