Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Caramel Apples

When I was a kid, my mom didn't make caramel apples around Halloween.  She'd make candy apples.  Hard, red candy.  It was like biting into a hard glass apple.  It would cut my lips and stain my fingers.  The roof of my mouth was slashed as if I had swallowed razor blades. Hey, it was the 70's....




I chose not to put my children through the horror of bloody mouth apples.  Caramel apples it is!

Now, usually I'd make my own caramel - sugar, whipping cream, butter...bla bla bla.

However, this was a weekday, and these days I'm lucky if I get to make dinner anymore during the week after work. Ugh.

So here ya go...easy peasy.  

Green Apples
Caramel Candys (14oz)
2 Tbls Milk
Toppings - anything you want. We used peanuts.
Sticks - craft sticks, chop sticks...whatevah


Melt caramel and milk. Stir.  Stick the stick in the apple after you removed the stem. And dip and cover it with caramel. Roll in the peanuts. And there ya go!  They were SO good!

                                        






No comments: