Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Heaven Has An Awesome Angel - Rose Mary Caravella

   Two months and one day after my grandfather left us, his beautiful wife of 72 years followed. My Gaga was an insanely beautiful woman, the best Italian chef known to man and dressed to the gills everyday of her life.

   She was the most giving woman I've ever known. She is the one who taught me about beauty and the one to make me feel beautiful. She is the one who sang the Miss America song to me every time I entered the room as a child. She taught me so much and spent so much time with me as a child. She doted. And I mean doted on me.  She was a woman I always looked up to.

   Gaga could never take a serious photo. She always had to make a silly face or do a funny pose. But that smile with her dimples was the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen.  I managed to find some photos where she wasn't being silly, though. :)

One of my favorite memories as a child was Christmas morning - not for the presents - but for the scent of Folger's coffee and my Gaga's perfume.  I KNEW it was almost time to go downstairs and 'start Christmas' when I smelled those mingling scents. To this day, I think of her every single time I smell coffee being brewed...which is every morning. I keep a bottle of Opium in my desk at home, just to take a whiff now and again because that's my Gaga in a bottle.

   Gaga was the lady who said, "Bless her heart" a lot. Gaga never had a hair out of place and was never without her diamonds and panty hose. She always had her fancy rings on and her fancy purses.  She was my grandmother and now, as I mourn the loss of that lady, I just hope she knows how very much indeed I did love her.







The family will receive friends for a visitation at Pat H. Foley Funeral Directors from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 16th with the rosary recited at 7:00 p.m. The funeral service will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 17th at the chapel of Pat H. Foley Funeral Directors, committal service will follow at Forest Park Lawndale. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to the Alzheimer's Association and the American Heart Society. 

No comments: