Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Andy!

Today, Andy Kaufman would have turned 62.  The man was a genius in my eyes.  I remember watching him on Taxi when I was a kid.  I thought he was so cute with his little accent.


It wouldn't be until I was an adult that I was able to learn of his genius.  Tony Clapton, for one.  Growing up, I didn't seem to be allowed to learn on my own - only learn about what mother wanted me to....make up, beauty, boys, dancing, modeling, piano, cooking, ironing....yay.


So I encourage my kids to learn...whatever...whenever.  And they found their own love for Andy.  


Andy left this earth way too soon.  And left by the hands of a rat bastard that's taken many of my friends and family. Cancer.  I hate that mutha fucka.


"While all the other kids were out playing ball and stuff, I used to stay in my room and imagine that there was a camera in the wall. And I used to really believe that I was putting on a television show and that it was going out to somewhere in the world."


I did that too - but my TV camera was my mirror.  I never had to balls to go out and do anything on my own - until I was an adult.  


RIP Andy. Happy Birthday Andy.


Are ya still goofin' on Elvis?





No comments: