Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Superbowl Foods

In my home, we don't watch the Superbowl.  Okay, well we watch the commercials and check out the Half Time Show.  And by 'we', I mean my kids and I.  The mister is either watching it in his bedroom (yes his bedroom since I sleep on the sofa...so I can GET some sleep) or he's at a friend's house for some male bonding.

We'll see how it goes this year.  But the most important thing is the food.  Yes....the food.  Not the game, not the score - in fact I don't even know who's playing. Seriously. I don't care.

FOOD people. THAT'S what Superbowl Sunday's about.

So I'm starting to put together some type of menu.  Well, after the mister took over the chili making.  I had planned (in my head) to make chili for Superbowl.  The mister went and purchased all the ingredients for chili last night.  Great minds - just off timing. He wanted the chili during the week.

I will also be making cornbread. Not just any cornbread, the moisty variety.

I just found a recipe for a spin on nachos that has my stomach wanting Sunday to hurry it's ass up and get here already.

I think I'll go to Walmart today and get a fondue set since I haven't been able to find ours since we moved almost 3 years ago.  Cheese is my best friend. Well, I like to think so.


Well, there ya have it!  Chili, nachos, cornbread, fondue.....man we're all going to hate ourselves.

No comments: