Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Brunch

This was a great find on the internet...and a great way to use up those hard boiled eggs you dyed for Easter.  There's only so much deviled egg mush I can look at. I changed a few things up..method and recipe.

This is something that you can mix up the night before, store in the fridge and then top English muffins and bake.


Egg Bacon Cheese Muffin Melt


Again....it's me, MommieDawn...easy peasy.



Hard boiled eggs-chopped
1 Package of bacon - cooked and chopped (I used turkey bacon)
3/4 c. Mayo (I used olive oil mayo)
1 c. grated cheddar cheese
1 tbs. Dijon mustard
1 tbs. basil (Which I grew outback)

*The mayo is acting as a binder - if you don't like mayo - you really can't taste it*

At this point you can add salt, pepper, garlic salt, season salt...you get it.  Mix it up, people.

Speaking of mixing it up....do just that.  Mix it very well.  Then put it in the fridge.  Take it out of the fridge the next day to top English muffins (or bagels)!







I made this Saturday and Sunday morning-ish I pulled out some English muffins and popped them in the oven pre-heated to 350 and baked for about 20 minutes...or until its melty, brown and you just can't wait anymore.

No comments: