Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

FOX News - STFU

I'd first like to apologize for the threat of your IQ being droppped at least 10 points after reading the retardedness of an individual in this post.

J. Crew President Jenna Lyons was featured in an email promo for the company with her adorable son Beckett. And hold on to your hats - she dared to say his favorite color is PINK and she painted his toenails! In the feature, Jenna is pictured with her adorable curly-haired son Beckett, and the two are seen giggling with Jenna holding Beckett's feet, containing hot pink painted toe-nails. 'Lucky for me, I ended up with a boy whose favorite color is pink,' read Jenna's quote. 'Toenail painting is way more fun in neon.'



I'll give you a minute to collect yourself after that completely horrible transgender-forcing psychologically tormented photo.

Are you ok? FOX news doesn't think so. And even louder is Doctor Keith Ablow.

Fox News professes to be a “fair and balanced” “news” organization, so reporting on a story should not include statements in a piece mis-titled, “J. Crew Plants the Seeds for Gender Identity.” The piece, by Glenn Beck co-author and former Fox News host Dr. Keith Ablow offensively states, “Yeah, well, it may be fun and games now, Jenna, but at least put some money aside for psychotherapy for the kid—and maybe a little for others who’ll be affected by your “innocent” pleasure.”




First of all the fact that this Ablow is a doctor is a shame, secondly he should take his pasty bald head to be examined. When one attempts to call out such “psychological sterilization”, it would seem that one has his own gender issues, or dare I say homosexual tendencies. I think that Ablow is so offended by a mother allowing and embracing her son's whimsical side and encouraging her son to discover his own personality without forcing upon him what society says a boy should be - angers him. Maybe Ablow's mother didn't allow him to be what he wanted. Maybe Ablow's father shunned him as a child for any feminine affinity he had. And that's just sad.

Certainly 'Doctor' Ablow, you are aware that painting a boys toenails pink won't make him gay or transgender. You do know that, don't you? A small child, with no secondary sexual characteristics, cannot be considered transgender or even a transvestite. On the other hand, a fully grown person such as yourself, Dr. Ablow, can definitely be considered a small-minded asshole.

Ablow claims in his article that, “Not only is Beckett likely to change his favorite color as early as tomorrow.” It adds, “Jenna’s indulgence (or encouragement) could make life hard for the boy in the future. J.CREW, known for its tasteful and modest clothing, apparently does not mind exploiting Beckett behind the fa├žade of liberal, transgendered identity politics. One has to wonder what young boys in pink nail polish has to do with selling women’s clothing.” No, one need not “wonder what young boys in pink nail polish has to do with selling women’s clothing.” J. Crew is the quintessential lifestyle retailer. What will “make life hard for the boy in the future” is attacks like the one you perpetrated in this 'article'. Making life hard for a child is to deny what they love, are, feel, act...whether it's straight or gay or transgender or green or blue or purple. The last thing any child needs is you, Dr. Ablow, looking out for them.


As a child, I grew up being dressed up by my mother in frilly dresses with curls in my hair and patent leather shoes. At the same time I would wear my brother's Tuff Skins and play Army with pinecones in the yard with my brothers and neighborhood boys. I wore camo hats and bare feet and shot a rifle with the best of them. I am not transgender.  Nor do I have any issues pertaining to my sexuality or subsequent confusion that requires therapy due to playing a 'boys' role as a child. But I'm not the norm, and I know it.  I'm way too awesome to even be calculated into any general equation.

When my daughter and nephew were small and had play dates in my home, which was a gender neutral home, my nephew loved to play with 'girl' toys. He would wear a purse and push a baby stroller and sweep the kitchen floor with a bow in his hair. He's now in a military school and is as boy as boy can be.

Doctor Keith Ablow, I suggest you come out of the closet and let us all embrace you. That's the only reason I can think of for you to be such a moronic bigot. I suggest that you keep your sideways and backwards opinions to yourself when you speak of a mother that you do not know and especially when going after a CHILD. I wish nothing but gay and transgender sons upon your house so that someday you will have to stretch your bigoted mind around the concept that people can be OK and good even if they are not like you.

No comments: