Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hump Day

Well, it's Hump Day once again.

What kind of trouble can we get into today?

After running around in the heat, gopher-ing errands, and giving the teen money for din din after her Pop Show....then an unexpected stop for a new multi-card reader...we had an Aspie meltdown in the car yesterday afternoon and a calming down session at home, I was exhausted and slept like a rock last night.

My Aspie reflected later last evening on her meltdown. That's to be expected. We talk about it and hopefully in the end, we all feel better.  She did pick up the laptop and Google 'Aspergers' in order to find out more about herself.  This too, is expected.  Especially from my kid, part of her AS is researching to the end what she's interested in.  Her syndrome is no exception.

I beamed a little, cringed a little and exhaled a little.  She is more willing to learn and educate about Aspergers than be embarrassed.  As a mother and a fellow Aspie, it warms the cockles of my cold dead heart...  :p   She went from site to site and it's so exhilarating watching her read traits and so on of Aspie's and say, "Wow, this is so weird, mommy.  This is just like me!"  But, it's bittersweet as well.  She said, "No one knows what I go through on a daily basis and no one knows how I feel!"  But I do...and I tell her and reassure her. I do..as a mother I know and as a fellow Aspie I know.

Now I need to find the dangfangled drill to drill holes for the hardware to go on the kitchen cabinets.  So far, I have found one battery (that I charged because I eyeballed a drill), and two drills.  The battery fits neither.  So the hunt is on for the drill that has a missing battery.  Yay.

There's the usual laundry to do, living room to pick up, dinner to plan and on and on and on.  So goes life.  But I will say, I would not trade my life for anything.  I love my husband and I love my children and at the end of the day, it's their faces that I see before I drift off to sleep. It's so hard to believe that it's been almost 18 years since I became a mother.  Then again a few years later.  And how awesome is it that I was the first person so meet my kids and watch them grow and learn and fuss and fight and laugh and cry....and I still can't get enough of those littler goobers!

I wanted to pass along a website that I love.  I get emails every evening from this site and I have to say that it makes my day.  With all the Aspie fits, broken dishwasher, home schooling, dog barf, hairballs and picking up I deal with.....these emails allow me relax, even if for a minute.

It's Epheriell Designs, headed up by a woman named Jess....one of my favorite names...go figure.

She says in her description - "Hi there! I'm Jess, and welcome! Epheriell Designs is a creative lifestyle blog, where I share inspiration, projects, handmade and vintage goodness, and snippets from my life as I make my way in the world as an independent creative entrepreneur!"

Her site is filled with crafts, designs, jewelry, sculpture, art, vintage ....EVERYTHING!  One of my favorites posts recently was about her and her husband living with her parents while their home is being built.  It's literally a shed...and she has made it a place I would LOVE to live in.





I suggest you go to the HERE now and get on the mailing list!

No comments: