Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Positive Thinking - Negative Bullshit

There's a constant battle going on at my house these days.  My mister is all about positive visualization, seeing it to be it and all that jazz.  Me?  If I want it...either I get it or I don't.

I'm a mom and working wife and homeschool teacher and chef and maid and artist and tired.  I don't have time to visualize myself taking a long bath, much less buy into all the cd's and books and mumbo jumbo these Motivational Speakers tout.

So - basically - we butt heads on this subject.

Everything he does, he wants to make money off of.  I, on the other hand, want to enjoy it for it.  Whatever 'IT' may be.  When I blog, he wants me to make money off of it.  A painting idea, he wants me to find a way to capitalize off of it.

That's just not me.

I see all these motivational speakers as Jim Jones leading his followers down for a nice big cup of Kool-Aide. These motivational speakers all get rich off of the suckers they get to buy their folders and books and cd's and ideas.  They'll take your very last dime...they don't care about you or your business!  My mister, doesn't see this.  He almost idolizes some of them.

My bottom line, to my husband, is this.  Don't miss what's right in front of you.  He's so busy on Sundays (when he doesn't have his kids) trying to network or meet up with whomever, that he's missing time with us...his family.  Garage sales, closet organization, bar in garage, back yard cleaning and fun....it's me doing that.

I guess my goal in this is -  don't be so busy looking where you want to be as to miss out on where you're at.  

No comments: