Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Someone, shoot me in the brain

So, I had my 'Well Woman' check up last Wednesday and the headache that had been plaguing me since 4 days prior decided to become a migraine.  Yay me.

I was down Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and somewhat better by Monday....yesterday.

Have I ever mentioned how I hate migraines?!  Well, I do!  I'm completely useless and I profusely thanked my children and 'adopted' child for helping keep things going...cooking, cleaning, errands, grocery shopping.  It's so nice to have a driving kid....that's the 'adopted' one.  But my 17 year old NOT having her driver's license is a whole other can of worms.

I'm almost 100% again....by that I mean I can almost walk around in the normal amount of pain I deal with daily.

I've run the gamut of  meds....pills of all kinds that really did nothing but make me a zombie.  It's been 22 years.  22 years this Summer, as a matter of fact.  Since 1989 I've had migraines, I was 18 years old and getting over spinal and cranial meningitis.  I say it's enough already!

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, no?

The doctor's office called today with some preliminary results of my bloodwork - arthritis (duh), abnormal cholesterol and low Vitamin D.  I go back next week to talk about those and other 'concerns' with my bloodwork.  Yup, I'm scared.  I'm a hypochondriac.  Aren't most adopted children?

ANYWAY - today is Tuesday...almost a week since I've been down.  I'm ok (relatively speaking) when I sit. Walking is another story...Usually I have to wait until my head stops the deafening (literally, my ears clog up) pounding and then walk some more.

Yay!

No comments: