Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

The BEST Fried Chicken!

That's what my best friend of 38 years said.  Apparently it was chicken day - I was bar-b-queing and she was frying.  I love Dena.  We've known each other since we were two years old.  She lived across the street from me and now it seems we live worlds apart.  Growing up sucks.  But wipe the tears, back to chicken.

When she calls, 50% of the time it's about food - what I'm cooking, what she's cooking, and swapping ideas and recipes.  Today was fried chicken. She asked me if I've heard of using corn starch in fried chicken recipes.  Yup, I have but I've never done it.  I think I must, now.

So this post is based on texts we were sending back and forth after our phone call.  Ha!  As I said, I had chicken in the pit - 3 batches.  All on my own.  The mister is back to working Sundays, so I was on my own.  Some might have gotten a wee little crispier than desired.




Now, Dena did an egg and milk wash with a dash of Louisiana Hot Sauce. then dredged it in a mixture of 1 part corn starch to 4 parts flour with salt and pepper to season and fried it.  She's dying yall. I am SO making this!  And soon!

Here's the mouth watering pic she texted me :



Tell me that doesn't look good!

No comments: