Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

DSLR Withdrawal

My Canon Rebel is sick.  And has been for over a week now.  It has Prongitis.  Technically a pin got bent while inserting the memory card.  Great.

I did some research and found that this is fairly common in Canon Rebels...and I also felt grateful that I used my Rebel more than once before it happened.    But that doesn't take away the fact that I'm jonesing at the moment for my Rebel.

Being without my Canon Rebel has been like living without an appendage for me.  I carry it everywhere I go.  Everywhere.  It's always with me.  My 14 year old even loves to shoot with it. She's become quite the little photographer. She's learned how to use the timer and how to edit photos online and in Photoshop.  I'm so proud.


I know she's going through withdrawal as well. So this weekend, it's getting taken to the camera doctor for removal and replacement of the pin card.  It better be a fast surgery.  Relying on my Canon PowerShot is not filling my craving.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful I have a back up camera. But come on...there's NO comparison! There's not manual zoomage and just holding the PowerShot makes me feel like a weakling.  My Canon Rebel gives me power baby!

Wow....I hope it gets fixed pronto.  I'm losing it.

2 comments:

Misty said...

Hang tough! I hope it's bot to pricey to fix!

MommieDawn said...

I'm hoping in the $75 to $100 range...and that's going to be paid by me never eating out in this century. lol