Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Hot Weekend - Summer Can Suck It!

When I was a kid - I loved Summer.

It meant long weekends or weeks at our bayhouse in Bolivar.  Trips to the beach.  Fishin'.  Snow cones.  Swimming in our backyard pool.

I loved it.

Now?  Summer can suck it!

Since I've had my children, I've grown allergic to the Sun.  Yup.  You read that correctly. ALLERGIC to the Sun. I break out in hives when I am in the Sun for more than 20 minutes at a time.  Sunscreen does no good.
I can't stand the damn heat and humidity...I need a shower just walking from a building to my car!  By the end of the day, my TO DO LIST has not been done due to sheer exhaustion from the heat! I had laundry to fold and wash yesterday - didn't get done. I was 'too hot' to do it.  Too hot to do laundry!  That sounds pathetic!

Our bayhouse is now toast - Thanks Hurricane Ike.  We have no pool in our backyard - Thanks wallet for being so shallow.  I hate the beach and the heat.  I daydream about cooler weather.  The smells of the baking and the crisp in the air.  The warmth of the fireplace and it's glow.

But until then - I will bitch and moan about our effing hot Summer!

This weekend I made cupcakes for the kids to decorate, made pizza for a slumber party night, and complained so much even I'm tired of hearing it. We teased the dog with cheetos...And bitched at our cat because of her Litter Paw Prints everywhere in the house.....even though it's my fault for trying to skimp on cat litter.


1 comment:

Sheri said...

I hear you. I can live without heating but not without air conditioning. It's been more than just a hot summer, it's unbearable! It's awesome that you have good memories of the summer but my whole life summer has been harsh for me. I had migraines that started the first summer we moved here from Maine. That is why I love California. The beaches are NEVER hot. Nice cool breezes, but that will be a dream unless we can get another free vacation or a job there.