Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Moody How-To : Crackle Nails

**I apologize up-front for these sucky photos. My Canon Rebel EOS is under the weather.  Hopefully will be 'well' soon.**


I'm addicted.  I'll admit it.  Anything new with fingernail art and I get sucked in like a Hoover!

In the early '90s I was crackling furniture. You'd paint a base color and then apply a crackle paint that crackled as it dried.  And was very cool to watch as it crackled.  I crackled stools, tables, chairs, mantles...yeah, I went  little overboard.

Flash to 2011, I discovered crackle nail polish.  Lord, help me.

It's China Glaze Crackle Glaze.  Click HERE to see examples.

China Glaze isn't the only brand.  Click HERE to see Mia Secret colors.

There are so many color combinations you can do with the crackle, since you use two colors on each nail.  Besides it being really cool, it does all the work for you! If you can paint a nail, you can crackle!

I'll mention the base I used, Rimmel London Lasting Finish Pro nail polish. It features professional polished perfection for flawless up to ten-day color and shine.  It has a flat-ish wide brush and I only needed to apply one coat.  I really love it.

China Glaze, Top Coat, Base Coat

This is one coat of Rimmel London Lasting Finish Pro


Base Coat Down


And Applying the China Glaze Crackle Glaze


Voila!







The only CON on this polish, is the drying time.  It takes a while, and even then it's 'sticky' to the touch.  I applied a few coats of clear top coat to assist in the hardening.   I will try different crackle polishes to see if this is the norm of the type of polish, or a manufacturing/brand issue.

No comments: