Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

School Year Breakfasts

I made pancakes this morning for breakfast, trying to get back into the swing of the school year again.  During the school year, I make breakfast every morning for my family....as a mom it's something that I do because I want to make sure they all start their day with full tummies of MommieDawn Love.

In years' past I made spur of the moment breakfasts - eggs and toast, breakfast tacos or egg in a nest etc.  There was a day here or there that I'd prepare a breakfast casserole the night before...but I'm not that awesome all the time.  ;)

This year I decided to make a weekly planner to put on the fridge of breakfasts in advance that we all choose.  At the top it says "Pancakes/Oatmeal/Eggs & ??/French Toast/Breakfast Tacos". Five meals that can be varied and not boring - like oatmeal can mean a bowl of oatmeal, or oat muffins...or even oatmeal cookies I'd make the night before.

You can go to http://www.printfree.com/ for free printable calendars
and so much more!  I've used and abused this website!



So, as I said earlier, this morning I made pancakes.  I plan to share other more fun ideas in the near future - like egg in a nest or frittatas and breakfast casseroles.


No comments: