Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

I Don't Care, It's Rude!

We've lived in this house a little over 3 years now and we've come to a general understanding in our home - we hate our neighbors.

On one side, we have the old lady who feels it necessary to mow our lawn at the stupidest times, never asking if it's ok if she invades my yard.  Once all she was doing was running over acorns, there was no grass to mow! A week ago, while my Christmas decorations were still in the yard, she mowed again. There was NOTHING to mow! Nothing had grown and she killed an extension cord to boot!

On the other side, we have the loud morons.  On Mother's Day one year they had a DJ booth in their back yard. Mother's Day. DJ booth.  Full on lights that looked like a UFO was landing in my window and music so loud it vibrated our walls.  Some neighbors called the police after a while and it was taken care of.  They throw trash on our property, so I pick it up.  Their stupid kids kick soccer balls so hard and repeatedly on the fence that 1) not only is is annoying as hell to hear it over and over and over again from inside the house, 2) it's broken fence boards and our dog has escaped several times through their yard. Assholes.

Oh, and when they want their balls back that land in our yard ALL the time, they can speak perfect English. But when we're asking about their Ooompapa music wrecking my walls in the middle of the day or night, they suddenly speak nothing but Spanish.

I'll stop here for a second. I am not a racist. I don't give a shit if they're Mexican or Puerto Rican or what.  If they were from Germany, they'd speak only German when I ask them something. Same difference. So, shut your pie hole.

So, Friday night, January 6th, apparently was Epiphany. January 6th is Three Kings Day in Mexico, known as the Día de Reyes. This is Epiphany on the church calendar, the 12th day after Christmas, when the Magi arrived bearing gifts for baby Jesus. Bla bla bla.

I don't care what race, nationality, creed, color, religious affiliation or WHATEVER you are - as a person or neighbor. I don't care. As long as you're not abusing your mate, kids or animals - I don't care.

What I DO care about is your shit encroaching on my personal space. My home. If I can hear and am disturbed INSIDE my home by what you're doing for FOUR hours, then yes - I give a shit.

For four hours we had drum banging, chanting, more drums and more chanting. All the neighbors were outside looking next door and what the hell was going on.  I stayed in my garage for most the time because we keep our door up and with people walking in our yard and our driveway, I didn't feel safe.  Three other neighbors called the police, they show up and leave.  Finally, around 11 or so it ends.

But not the noise. Oh no. That would be too easy. Then it was soccer time until past midnight. Boom goes the ball. Back and forth. Then under my vehicle, to which they got a stick to fish it out, banging more. Then apologizing to me while I glared at them with evil eyes.

Now, you might be saying, "MommieDawn, embrace diversity!" Please. I embrace a lot of shit. I just don't want it unannounced and landing in my yard. I don't want it going on for FOUR HOURS with no warning. Go to a public place, oh I don't know, like a park or church or something.

Enjoy the video below of myself and my family trying to keep our wits.

No comments: