Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Chicken and Dumplins

First and foremost we need to get the annunciation correct.  It's DUMP LINS.  You can't make 'em unless you say it right!

Now, for the recipe.  I have blogged this before. It's basically the same thing, but I'm posting again because I can't stress enough how easy it is to make it from scratch.  Not with canned biscuits, not with tortillas but scratch. Get your hands dirty.  Plus, in my cooking math, when we make things from scratch the calories we burn making it from scratch just gets replaced when we eat our noms.  They cancel out each other. Just sayin.

This is an egg free recipe.  Again, measurements suck it in my kitchen. Sorry.


I always have frozen chicken broth stored. Always.
Ask me now, I know I have at least one in the
freezer.  Soups, stews, gravies and dumplins. 


This is my gigantor pot. Bam


Onions and garlic. Peel and quarter onions. 
Peel and mince garlic.


If need be, add water to your stock.


Add onions and garlic. (And celery
if you have some. I didn't.)


Toss chicken in pot with veggies and
cook for about an hour
or until chicken is done.


This bird is done.


Strain out the veggies, the minced garlic 
cooks down and keeps the
stock nommie.

Flour, salt and baking powder. 



Warm up some milk and butter

False : You MUST sift the flour.
Truth :A whisk will do the job!


Pour in milk and butter.

Dough Dough.


Drop by spoonfuls into the boiling stock.

(You should already chopped up
the chicken and put in stock)

Boil Boil Boil.
For about 25 to 35 minutes or so.


And No, I have no complete dish in a bowl for a photo.

When it's eating time, it's a stampede.

No comments: