Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Egg in a Basket

It was a Friday morning, my oldest and I were up early and she was going out of town with the school choir for Mad Fest in San Antonio.  I wanted to whip something up warm and filling and quick.  So I grabbed some frozen hashbrowns, eggs, cheese and a muffin pan.



I sprayed the pan with cooking spray and put some hashbrowns in, making sure there was a little bit of a 'well' in the middle for the egg to go.  Cracked in some eggs and put in the oven at 375 degrees for about a half hour or so. Just kept an eye on it off and on until the eggs were cooked over easy. Then I topped it with cheese, let it melt and tada! Eggs in a Nest.









Now, before you freak out and start yelling that a half hour is NOT  a quick breakfast, this is how I look at it.  By 'quick' I really mean it's quick to put together...then I had a half hour to make coffee, help my daughter run down the list of packing items, and just do morning routine things.  That's quick for me. :)

No comments: