Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sweet Cookies with a Press!

Years ago I got a cookie press as a gift. This was in the early 90s, and it seemed so difficult that I rarely used it.  Which is sad because the photos of the cookies on the box were just adorable. Boo me.

A couple of weeks ago while I was at Michael's picking up some items for my Easter Wreath, I spotted this :

It's roughly $10


So I decided today, Easter, while I was having a pity party for myself because I'm sick and my kids are gone until tomorrow and my husband did nothing for me for Easter....that I'll make cookies. So. I. Did.

Below is the easy recipe I use, however there are a couple of things I change.  I use 2 eggs, instead of one.  I also lower my cooking temperature to about 320 degrees, which ensures a soft chewy cookie. If you do this, lengthen the cooking time accordingly.


Now, the fun part. I smooshed the dough into the cookie press and did a few designs. Then did some sprinkles!

Fred and Fred oven mitts were ready. 

Zombieland streaming and the recipe from 
my Blackberry. Modern Kitchening. 







No comments: