Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Crackle Crackle!

A few years ago, my husband brought home a 1950s rolling kitchen island he picked up from someone on Freecycle. FREE!

At the time, our kitchen was way too small to house it, so it lived in the garage a little bit, then went into the master bedroom as an entertainment center. I never got around to refinishing it.

Since we've moved, and have a mondo-kitchen, it's found a home! At the moment it's serving as storage for some of my craft supplies and a base for Squirtle the Turtle's aquarium. What I love about that is with the island being on wheels it's made it VERY easy for me to roll it to the sink to clean the aquarium out weekly instead of carrying it sloshing turtle juice in my face.

Here it is as we've had it. Honestly, I kind of 
liked it this way, but it was really
dirty and stained.


This is the inside of one of the metal drawers. I wanted
to try and match the blue color there.
(Which here looks green...but it's not)

This is the One Step Crackle medium I used.
This is used as a top coat and crackles
as it dries.


I love the towel bar hardware too!



I found this blue color and had to have it!


Before....


After....


I absolutely love the way the One Step Crackle
finish ended up. Very natural looking with an 
aged crackle that's not uniform. 

These are also the original porcelain knobs!



No comments: