Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine's Care Package

Now that my oldest is away at college, I've been getting into the 'Care Package' biz.  I've ordered a ton of boxes from the USPS website in several different sizes just for this purpose!

For Valentine's Day I used a smaller box. I purchased several small items that she's always liked....fingernail polish and bubbles and candy.  This is my bubble child, since she could hold a bubble wand she's always loved bubbles!


I also purchased a bag of 'rose petals' and sprinkled them in the box before I shipped it.

Here is everything...heart tissue paper, polish,
bubbles, candy and yes..hand sanitizer.
You can never be too
sanitized! lol

I lined the box with the tissue paper..


Then I put everything in carefully.....

Then topped it with the rose petals....

I think it's just great to send little care packages as a surprise....I don't tell her when I'm sending one.  A little bit of home for my college girl who's sprouting her wings, finding her independence and becoming an official grown up.  While I'm so very proud of her, I miss her like crazy and still not used to not seeing her every single day. These nineteen years seemed to have just flown by....no one ever told me that would happen!

No comments: