Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Miley Cyrus at the 2013 VMAs

I love Miley.  I thought she was adorable as Hannah Montana. Once she parted ways with Disney and did a photo shoot for Vanity Fair, a lot of people lost their shiz. I thought it was tasteful and artistic. She was photographed by Annie Leibovitz, who's renowned for her beautiful and innovative photography.


Then there was smoking salvia, partying behavior and etc. I felt she was getting used to having the Disney Bar Code removed from her and getting in her own skin and loving it. I loved watching her come into her own. Then the short haircut, adorable. Breaking out of her mold and finding her footing.

But then came the twerking and that damn tongue hanging out of her head. More and more I just didn't get. But I still defended her because the girl can sing, just look up her cover of Jolene. She's got pipes and uses them well.

I thought maybe it was because I'm old that I didn't get what she was doing, but tonight my 16 year old daughter said that she contracted 'second hand embarrassment' just from watching Miley's performance. Oh, I had to look it up and see for myself.

First off there's this...

...stroking hair that's not there with a face
that resembles a Toddler in Tiaras alum on 
crack. 


Then this...

....that foam finger is in therapy today, I'm sure. 


Then Robin Thicke comes on...

Just. Gross. 


All I could see was Dr. Seaver


grinding all up on Hannah Montana


while he was dressed as Beetlejuice



All in all, I need to be hosed off by people in HAZMAT suits like Silkwood
after watching that trash. 



Robin Thicke should also have his Dad Card revoked for being a 36 year old father and husband grinding all up on a barely 20 year old. Come on...just gross.

People are crying that there are other people responsible for Miley's awful performance .... her management, her handlers....but she's a big girl. She signed up for this. She's not forced to act like this. Ugh.

In the end, I hope this is a phase and she's not going down the Britney Spears/Amanda Bynes CrazyBrickRoad of mental hospital holds and parent intervention.


Just sing, girl. 

No comments: