Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Courtship of MommieDawn

I was going through photos this evening and noticed that I had these photos. They really tell a story.

My husband and I will be married eight years next month. When we tell people how we met on a blind date on April Fool's Day and were married two weeks to the day later...we get some weird looks. But, it's true. It's weird .... like us.

So...here we go.

This is at the end of our first date.
Sort of. 
April 1st, 2006
The date actually lasted about 28 hours.

On Day 4....he proposed...by phone.
I was on my way to lunch during work, it was a Tuesday.
He said, "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to marry you."
And...that was it. 

On Day 7...we introduced our kids.

On Day 9....we told his parents.

On Day 14...we were married in our living room.



And here we are....almost 8 years later.

Happy (early) Anniversary, honey. 

3 comments:

leslie Pittman-Estrada said...

Very sweet.....love at first sight...that's beautiful...Happy 8th Anniversary!!

Vicky said...

Awesome story... I love it! Congrats & HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU BOTH !

MommieDawn said...

Well, thank you ladies very much!