Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

Vegan Chocolate Chunk Cookies

It's a cold (in the 40s, y'all, in Central Texas) and rainy day today. It stormed and thundered and lightening-ed and hailed last night. While others complain about the cold, I relish it. I loathe summer. I loathe heat. So, I'm a happy camper today with the weather.

It seemed only perfect to do some baking.

Back on Valentine's Day I blogged the vegan ganache truffles I made. My daughter noticed I still had some chocolate in the freezer, so she suggested I make some vegan chocolate chunk cookies. How do you argue with that?

While I didn't exactly have chocolate chips, we did 'chunks' out of the vegan (dairy free) chocolate I had.


Ingredients
  • ½ cup coconut oil
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • ¼ cup plus 1 tbsp almond milk
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup vegan chocolate - chocolate chips, chunks, bark chopped up....etc.
Instructions
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Cream together the coconut oil (I melt mine in the microwave) ; brown sugar, then add the almond milk.
  3. In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
  4. Combine the wet & dry ingredients. It's a dry dough...meaning it's crumbly. When you make the balls for the cookies, it all comes together. Then fold in the chocolate & any other mix-ins of your choosing.
  5. Roll into Tbsp sized balls & place them on a cookie sheet (or on a sheet of parchment paper on the baking sheet), then flatten them out a bit with your palm. 
  6. Bake for 7-10 minutes.




Chopping the chocolate!

Cookie balls!

The chopped chocolate is just chunked and
speckled!

There they are!

Delicious! 




Don't forget to visit www.dawnmoodydesign.com for some great deals, awesome gifts, one of a kind and custom items including home decor and jewelry!



2 comments:

Micheline TheMiniatureMoose said...

YUM! Looks great! I've been looking for a great vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe.

MommieDawn said...

Micheline,
They are SO good and chewy, not too sweet either. I'm just about to go snag one before they're all gone! :)