Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Finally! Scientific Proof I'm Not A Psychopath!

We all can breathe a sigh of relief. I, MommieDawn, am not a psychopath.


I've been called a lot of things, but sane has never been one of them. Why? It's been my experience that because I demand others take responsibility for their words and actions and if they don't I cut them out of my life. Or if someone butts into my life with insanity when they have no business there, I make a blog about them. Sure, I may act like an immature brat, but I get my point across.

Say you're a person who hurts someone I love hard, I let you know. If you blatantly do things that are ridiculous, unlawful or stupid....I point them out. I'm opinionated and stubborn. I'm a hard one to love, I'll admit that. But, I am sane.

As Dr Phil hates them, I am one of them. A right fighter. How's that working out for me? Just fine. If I'm right, I want to be acknowledged for it. And when I'm not, you're gone. I really won't miss you, but I'll poke fun at you when I want to.

I'm human. I have feelings. And I lash out. It's life. It doesn't work for everyone, but I honestly don't have time to pretend things for other grown ups for the sake of saving face or being the bigger person.

But now, there's actual scientific proof that I'm not a psychopath.

People who take their coffee black are more likely to possess antisocial and psychotic personality traits, according to a study published in the journal Appetite.

The University of Innsbruck in Austria study included around 1,000 people and found that subjects who preferred bitter notes in their food and beverages scored higher on questionnaires that assessed "Machiavellianism," a word used in psychology to describe people with psychopathic, narcissistic and sadistic personality traits, reports the Huffington Post.

The data was was self-reported, which is an unreliable metric, but researchers hope their study will prompt further investigation into links between eating habits and psychological traits, reports the Huffington Post.

Dr Sagioglou said eating bitter foods may be “compared to a rollercoaster ride where people enjoy things that induce fear.”

I take my coffee, every single morning, with cream and sugar. Never black. So there. Science.



However, I will be keeping an eye on my husband....who takes his coffee BLACK.

No comments: