Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

Tis the season.....or tis me trying to force the friggin season upon this god awful heat filled planet I live in called Central Texas.

I've said for weeks that if I cook seasonally, maybe the season would be drawn here. Nope. Still in the mid 90s. Hating it. My RA, fibro and shingles are all in a flare up for about 9 weeks now. Double hating that.

Last night my husband sent me a recipe that he was smacking his lips at commenting about how good it sounded. So, I decided to make it.....but, as I usually do, I altered it just a little. To me, it called for too much milk and not enough oats, and steel cut oats...which I loathe, etc.

And here it is.....



Ingredients :

1 1/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
2 cups milk
2 cups water
2 apples, peeled/cored/chopped
2 tsp butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp syrup (can me maple or regular)

Directions :

Put the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. I set mine on about 11pm last night and was up by 7 to turn it off. By 9am, they were still warm.

Stir and serve.

You can top with peanut butter or more chopped apples....really anything.  I ate mine plain because I really wanted to try them.






No comments: