Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Easy Cream Veggie Soup

Today was grocery shopping day. For the mister. Not me. He is the main shopper of the house. I'm lucky, I know.

So I had to clean the veggie bins out. Broccoli, carrots, potatoes, onions, garlic.  Threw it all in a pot and boiled everything until it was very tender.

Then, I got a a big bowl and my blender.



I did several rounds, but just scooped the veggies and a little broth with each round and blended it until it's smooth. Do NOT put the blender lid on tight....the steam needs to escape so I just hover it or put the lid on wonky. Also, wait a second before you take the lid off. There's a couple of air bubbles that need to escape as well....and getting hot HOT soup on your skin isn't pleasant. *Runs to apply more Neosporin to my wrist*

Save about 2 cups of the broth for later, you may need it.








I cleaned out the pot and transferred the puree from the bowl back into the pot on low heat. At this point, it's not seasoned. When I make these soups, I feel it's always best to season it after it's all pureed and almost ready to eat.



After it's all back in the pot I season it and add some milk for the creamy texture.  Now....this is all completely up to you. It's your preference. But I added chicken bouillon, garlic salt, cumin, paprika, curry, cayenne and salt and pepper. I do a little first...tasted then adjust. Then milk and the broth is to your taste as well.

The end result is a beautifully creamy silky soup.



No comments: