Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Three Bucks

I did two things this weekend, and it only cost me three bucks.

I love Dollar Tree.

I can always find what I am looking for whether it's to put a cute care package together for my college kid, candles that smell great and last a long time or the emergency turkey pan I forgot to get for Christmas dinner.....or Thanksgiving dinner.  Every. Single Year.

This weekend I was determined to find things for the guest bathroom downstairs.  It's the bathroom my daughter and I use for 'getting ready' .... meaning - face washing and teeth brushing and putting makeup on.

I got tired of stooping over to get the witch hazel and cotton balls and face pads every morning and night. I know, first world problems. But, it was an excuse to see if I could remedy it!

I had on my list to look for bottles and jars. I wanted a bottle to put the witch hazel in...that was a cute bottle that I could leave out. At first I went looking where the vases were, thinking I could cork a bottle....they were cute. But I wasn't done yet.

I went to the jar/glass/dishes aisle and first spotted these tilted glass jars that were PERFECT for cotton balls and face pads. I grabbed two of those.

Then I spotted a vinegar bottle.

It was exactly what I was looking for. Except there was a decal on the front.


I thought I could use a blade scraper and scrape it off...no problem.  But, that didn't work. So, I took to my craft bin.

I taped off the label and painted black over the label and let it dry. Then I had some silver crackle paint and did a layer of that. Done.



I love it and it matches the bathroom and looks adorable. For three bucks, y'all.




The next DIY that I did cost me nothing because I had everything.  Over the summer, I got my daughter a rack with hooks to hang her scarves on. Only problem was that it wouldn't stay on the wall. It came with foam adhesive and it wouldn't STAY on the wall.

I had some scrap wood (which I always seem to have lying around) and sanded it. I then painted it white and sanded it one more time for a worn/beachy look.  I then got clothes pins from outback. I looked for weathered ones...those are more interesting, right?  I glued them on, let it dry, put a ribbon on the back for hanging and bam.  It was done.

It's adorable.




No comments: