Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

What We Did For Halloween

We've been in our 'new' town for about 4 years now. We've never had one trick or treater. It's our neighborhood, firstly not a lot of children live here and secondly it's literally a one street neighborhood. One street that's a 'U' shape. It's not like kids are going to go down the busy main road to come here. Also, there's a LOT of Trunk or Treats done in this town. Next year, I think that's what I want to do. I miss passing out candy.

So, as per my usual....I cooked a Halloween supper and made a dessert. I didn't decorate at all this year. My body is just working against me at every turn and I've just not been in the holiday mood this year. Two things that worry me a lot because it's just not like me. It's just been a crappy year too.

I usually have a cookie decorating night with our awesome neighbors, that didn't work out this year either. So, I just did the bare minimum.

I made a gross zombie meatloaf head and a cute flower pot dessert.

The meatloaf was delish...how can you go wrong with bbq bacon?

Onion eyes and teeth, wrapped in bacon and
brushed with bbq sauce. Mmmm....

Then I made something I've made more than once for my kids when they were little. It's crumbled cake up to about a third way of the cup, then topped with pudding and that's topped with chocolate cookie 'dirt' from cookies going through the food processor.   I stick in a straw then slide a flower in the straw. Usually it's done in a flower pot, but I did everything last minute today so cups it was.




My daughter worked most of the day, but she wore her kitty ears and did a cat face. Then came home and in her true artistic and creative way, painted her face for the evening.


And I didn't dress up, but I worked on my photo editing skills and made myself a walker.



And we watched The Walking Dead and The Visit. Now it's November 1st and Christmas should be getting started....but I doubt I'll do anything for that either. I just don't seem to have it in me anymore.


No comments: