Pages

Monday, December 26, 2016

I got my very first tattoo in 1997.

I was 26 years old. My daughters were 9 months old and 3 1/2 years old and I was 3 months into a divorce thrust upon me by their father.

I felt like I was in a tornado of emotion and depression. I went from a married mother of two, to a single mother of two after being told to leave my home by my husband because I caught him cheating.

I felt like my life was held together with string the strength of wet noodles. I was sure of nothing and had trust in no one.

The only thing I was sure of was my daughters and my love for them. I decided to get a tattoo of their initials with a heart. I said, "Men may come and go, people may come and go, but my girls are my blood and we'll always be."

Almost 20 years on my skin.
Always in my heart. 
The reason I got the tattoo may not have been
destined as I thought, but the love
is still there. 

No comments: