Pages

Friday, June 9, 2017

DIY Laundry Detergent

I've made my own laundry detergent since last October and have never looked back. I've tried several recipes and have found that this one works best for me.

I realized I didn't have a tutorial for this so after I made Snapchats of me doing the process for a friend, I decided to download them and string them together. LOL So I apologize for the lackluster video you're about to view.

The recipe makes ten gallons of concentrate that you can store as is, or dilute it at a half to half ratio into ten 1-gallon jugs.

I store mine in the bucket and dilute it in a pitcher as needed.

I've even used some of the concentrate as a stain pretreater! It's gotten blood, grease and dog puke out of clothes.

You can add a scent via essential oil or fragrance blend, but I leave it as is because it already smells so clean!

The cost is virtually pennies per load. It takes me about a half hour to make the concentrate, and it is ready to dilute the next day!  Come on, it's too easy NOT to do this!


INGREDIENTS

1 Bar Zote Soap (14.1oz)

2 3/4 Cups Borax

2 3/4 Washing Soda (NOT baking soda)

1 1/2 Oxygen Cleaner

3 Tbsp Glycerin

*Optional - Scent Essential Oil






No comments: